Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#DwtS Week 9

Ralph and Karina's Argentine Tango:  I liked the music and the lifts were really nicely done and well integrated. Ralph, however, wasn't that well integrated into the mood of the dance.

Kirstie and Maks's Viennese Waltz: Kirstie is lovely and they did a great job, but I really like Latin dances better for her.

Chelsea and Mark's Argentine Tango: I didn't like their kick footwork. It was kind of awkward and pendulum-ish. White satin shoes are an unfortunate choice because they made her feet look huge. I feel like Chelsea looked a little less confident than usual. I feel like it's obvious that the producers want these two in the finals.

Hines and Kym's Argentine Tango: Oh, god, that lift accident in rehearsal was frightening. That could have ended so very, very badly. They ended up doing a fantastic job and it was probably my favorite Argentine Tango of the season. I think they earned those tens even without the accident.

Ralph and Karina's Salsa: That was maybe the sleaziest salsa I've seen on this show. And I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. But maybe I do. Ralph really went back into being manic with flailing limbs. I can't believe Bruno said "You were too rough with your pussy." It was perhaps shocking and inappropriate, but hey, it was a sleazy dance.

Kirstie and Maks's Pasodoble: Great job. Loved it.

Chelsea and Mark's Rumba: I don't really like the Rumba and I don't really like Chelsea and Mark. So, meh.

Hines and Kym's Salsa: Hines and Kym are such a great pair. I love watching them and I hope Hines makes it to the end.

Winner Take All Cha Cha Cha:  I'm just going to rename this segment more accurately and leave it at that: "We Need To Give Chelsea & Mark More Points To Guarantee They Continue And Also Extend the Show Another 30 Minutes! Advertising Revenue, Yay!" That about sums it up.

I hope it's either Ralph/Karina or Chelsea/Mark to go home. I really want to see Kirstie/Maks and Hines/Kym in the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment