Tuesday, May 10, 2011

#DwtS Week 8

I love instant dance!

Chelsea and Mark's Waltz: A lot of ballet influence to the choreography, I think. Some of their rhythm seemed a bit incongruous to the music. I just wasn't feeling it, but I haven't been a big fan of this couple.

Hines and Kym's Foxtrot. Love! Beautiful, exuberant, incandescently fun. Hines is fast becoming my favourite to win.

Romeo and Chelsie's Tango. I didn't like the song at all. Romeo and Chelsie were intense and dramatic and bold, and the music just didn't work with it. I really like Romeo and I like chelsie's choreography, but the music just didn't mesh this time.

Ralph and Karina
's Viennese Waltz. Poor Ralph. I have a bad knee and I can really sympathize. He did very well and I liked the drama of the dance. Bruno Is hilarious.

Kirstie and Maks's Argentine Tango: I liked it a lot. Kirstie looked completely in control and confident. Very nice. I liked that the lifts were all understated and had great flow with the footwork. Too often on this show couples get crazy with the lifts just because they're finally allowed to do them.

Instant dance time! Woo!

Chelsea and Mark's Instant Salsa. If Michael Jackson were a French mime, he'd be dressed just like Mark. They did a really good job.

Hines and Kym's Instant Jive: Very cute dress. They were a bit out of sync, but not unforgivably so and that was really tricky footwork to nail down in 20 minutes.

Romeo and Chelsie's Instant Salsa. Len's awesome. I liked it. Of all of the instant dances, this one felt the most natural.

Ralph and Karina's Instant Cha Cha Cha: not as good as he's capable of when his knee is 100%. He just wasn't fitting into the dance, understandably so. Rest up the knee, Ralph.

Kirstie and Maks's Instant Salsa. Really nice job. Going for a nice basic routine is a smart idea to stay versatile for an instant dance. It. Wasn't flashy, but it had everything a salsa should have and they did a very solid job of it.

I'd be happiest to see Chelsea/Mark done this week, but I hope Ralph goes home. Not because I don't like him, but so he doesn't blow out his knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment