Wednesday, February 18, 2009

For the first time in far too long, I went to the dentist. I told them it's been seven or eight years, but it's closer to eleven. I went willingly and by myself. I think the only reason I didn't chicken out was that I knew they wouldn't even be doing so much as a cleaning today. I have a mitral valve prolapse which requires antibiotics prior to certain dental and surgical procedures, so today was just an exam and x-rays. I was a little concerned; I haven't been to a dentist in so long, I almost never floss, and my diet tends to be heavy on sugary items. I do brush at least twice daily, though. Turns out I have only two tiny cavities just starting. I have no wisdom teeth on the bottom and the ones on the top aren't looking problematic. I go back on March 17 to have one cavity filled and a partial cleaning, then I'll go again for the second cavity and a full cleaning.

I don't believe I will be nearly so calm or brave next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment