Saturday, February 21, 2009

Toe update

I dutifully went back to the clinic this morning for the follow-up on my toe. The toe was poked and prodded (the toe left the clinic hurting more than when it went in). The doctor determined that it seems to be healing fine, but since it was a bad enough break to put a cast on it I should err on the side of caution and leave the cast on until Wednesday. It's a partial cast held on by a bandage, so after a couple more days I can try taking the cast off to see how the toe feels. I'll probably want to tape it for a few days after the cast comes off as well. As long as I try to keep the toe as immobile as possible, I can take the cast off to shower and sleep, but don't do anything that hurts. I also need to keep it elevated more often. I have to get more X-rays late next week as a further follow-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment