Tuesday, April 5, 2011

#DwtS Week 3

Loved the Pasodoble and Samba at the beginning (the Rumba less so, but that's just me).

Wendy & Tony's Foxtrot: I'll be honest: I got distracted and read an article on the plight of socially awkward people instead of watching the whole dance. I'll just defer to Len.

Chelsea & Mark's Chachacha: I love when Bruno gets all enthusiastic. I thought it was a really great dance, much better than last week, she just needs a bit more swish and pop in the hips.

Chris & Cheryl's Rumba: Chris's story about his mom was very sweet. This looked like a hard but important moment for him personally. I'm not a fan of the rumba, but I am a fan of Cheryl, Let It Be, and tough guys showing their softer side. It was a very nice dance. Good for him. One thing I hate about emotional story dances is that it makes is hard for the judges to give constructive criticism without looking like assholes.

Kendra & Louie's Rumba: Too much time doing nothing on the stage in fog. She was really wobbly coming down those steps. I really liked her outfit. I hate men in see-through shirts. It was okay...just a rumba.

Romeo & Chelsie's Rumba: This is the song I based my wedding vows on. Nice enough dance I guess. I'm a fan of Romeo, The Jackson 5, and tough guys being soft so it had that going for. Once again, I feel bad for the judges who are there to comment on the dance getting booed for trying to be constructive.

Hines & Kim's Samba: I really enjoyed it. Hines was very relaxed and having fun, which always makes a big difference in how a dance comes across.

Petra & Dmitry's Waltz: It was very nicely done. She's very graceful and moved with a lot of fluidity. I liked Petra's dress. I think her modeling background gives her a bit of an advantage: both dancing and modeling require people to put themselves into positions that can be physically awkward and uncomfortable while making it look relaxed and sexy.

Sugar Ray & Anna's Pasodoble: I can't decide if I liked it or not. I think he did a good job, better than last week, except for making duckface the whole time. This is a really picky complaint, but usually both dancers are in matching colours and it was weirdly distracting that Anna wasn't wearing any red accents to reflect his red and black.

Kirstie & Maksim's Rumba: Oh Maks, always with an unbuttoned shirt at the first opportunity. Good on Maks for pushing through after his leg giving out on him. That was an intense moment and by how much he was sweating he was probably in a fair amount of pain. Kirstie did a really lovely job at something that was difficult for her.

Ralph & Karina's Rumba: Karina looked lovely, but Ralph was a little...off, somehow. He really blew me away in the first week, but the last two weeks he just wasn't quite on point.

I think Wendy/Tony and probably Sugar Ray/Anna will be on the chopping block with Wendy going home. I don't think Petra will last more than 2 or 3 more weeks. Kirstie and Maks are in no danger; between the decent scores and fans rallying after his live injury, no way are they going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment