Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dancing with the Stars Commentary 1.1

Audrina and the Quarterback were both much better than I expected.

Kyle blew everyone out of the water and he's my favourite so far.

Cheryl looked like a little kid dancing her on her dad's feet with Rick. He's so tall! They still did a lovely job, but that kind of height different is tricky. I don't know how Cheryl does it in 4" heels. I can do 3.5" heels relatively well. My wedding shoes are 4" and they're hard to be smooth and graceful in.

I wanted to like Margaret Cho, and she started off so well (with everything but her face), but they completely screwed it up with the comedic gimmicky route. I did start out liking the sort of Asian fusion of the cape wings, but then they got silly. No good for the Viennese waltz. I felt like she was so lacking in confidence that she did the gold cape wings as a kind of comedic security blanket.

I liked Brandy more than I thought I would. She was graceful and natural. Her dress was gorgeous.

I feel like a lot of people expected Bristol to be the Kate Gosselin of this season just because of who her mom is, but they're forgetting that Bristol is the wild child party girl of the Palin family. I thought she did really well considering how new of a situation this is for her.

Florence Henderson needs some work, but she is still made of awesome. Even if she never gets better as a dancer, I still love her.

Michael Bolton?! How the eff did I miss hearing that he was on the show? I do not care for him.

The worst thing about "The Situation" is that his Jersey Shore fans will probably keep him around. I guess he wasn't too terrible for 5 days of practice and he'll probably do better with more practice, but I still think he's an idiot. I like that Bruno insisted on calling Michael.

Jennifer Grey looked great on the floor, but I hope they don't give her the Dirty Dancing schtick all season. Twice, Jennifer's feet were both off the ground. I don't think lifts are allowed in the V. waltz. I'm surprised Carrie-Ann didn't flip out about them doing lifts and cried about supernatural connections instead.

The Hoff. Oh dear lord. I just don't know what to say. Kym is gorgeous and fantastic as always. Mostly it all seemed a little lecherous and creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment