Saturday, July 4, 2009

Incompetence

On Friday, I found myself watching over an eight week old baby for about twenty minutes. I don't know anything about babies. Fortunately, he was asleep and wasn't at all fussy each time he started to wake up a little. I kept anxiously going to the window to watch for mom to come back, especially when he started to wake up. Eek! Babies are terrifying!

Mom, incidentally, happened to be the mother of David's children. She's previously not been too fond of my existence, but recently she's decided to go from just this side of civil to actually friendly and conversational. We ended up chatting for about an hour on Friday. For whatever reasons, the ice has been broken and things are a lot more pleasant without having to put up with the tension that was there before.

No comments:

Post a Comment