Tuesday, July 14, 2009

From the crazy mind

I was going to sleep in for a little bit and then get up and be about my business. I ended up sleeping nearly three hours and I had one of those huge, crazy, cinematic dreams that you wish you'd been able to stay asleep for until the end credits. I need to write it all down before I forget even more.

I wasn't me, and I was in some large touristy place where I didn't know anyone but it felt safe and comfortable. It was a large site with lots of different buildings to walk to. Everyone in my immediate area slowly came to notice that the large room we were admiring was being surrounded by large mysterious figures in black hoods. Someone recognizes them as escaped Norwegian prisoners who have become...well, not zombies, but weird automatons, and we are all taken hostage. (I don't know why they were Norwegian since we were not anywhere near Norway, except that I was just talking about that new Norwegian zombie Nazi film).

They were dumb automatons who didn't notice us all escaping in pairs by jumping through a window and running to the river which takes us straight to another building where we can set up some defences. As luck would have it, the majority of us escape before the automatons notice and start their pursuit. What they lacked in perception and intelligence they made up for in meticulous dogged persistence. Several dozen more automaton prisoners marched in and made ranks just to wait their turn. They would come at us in two or threes and would be quickly dispatched by our greater numbers. They sent evil blonde dolls in matching dresses at us (though honestly compels me to admit they may have been small children, like the Little Sisters in Bioshock) which had to be beaten off as they swarmed.

Then there was something about fighter jets (or maybe A-wing starfighters?) having a hovering dogfight immediately above us. And I do mean immediately above us, because we were in a building with a glass roof and we could see the aircraft a scant few feet above the glass. I don't know what they were doing, but it seemed unrelated to the Norwegian automaton prisoner invasion.


Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment