Friday, April 10, 2009

Positive Pete

I decided that 2009 will be the year of taking on knitting projects that I would like to do but haven't tried yet because I'm afraid they are too difficult for me. To heck with that. If small children in sweatshops can do it, so can I. I'm going to be a Can Do instead of a Can Don't! Or something.

In the last couple weeks I learned how to knit in the round on DPNs (previously labeled as too hard) so I could knit socks (impossibly difficult). As seen below, I can knit socks. Maybe not very well yet, but it's still a sock. I didn't even do garter stitch very well when I first started but now I can do some pretty cool lace knitting without any trouble. When boiled down, it's all just knit and purl and I know how to do both of those.


I've been working on a modified version of the Chunky Braided Scarf as the project to learn cables on. I'm extremely happy with how it's turning out. This is currently my favorite thing I've ever made. And it's really not nearly as complicated as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment