Saturday, April 25, 2009

Le sigh

Once in a while life just gets embarrassing. First, on Thursday, I was treated condescendingly by a store clerk because I didn't have ID. I don't care what anyone says about age perception and flattery. I'm halfway between 28 and 29 years old, and there's nothing flattering about waiting in line to be refused for service and treated like a teenager who is trying to get away with something, especially in front of other customers.

Then today I knocked over a full cup of Sprite at one of the stand-alone Edos. Sprite all over the table, chairs, and floor. I did my best with napkins then went and apologetically asked for a rag and a mop. They cleaned it up (though I offered to do it), and even kindly refilled my drink for free.

It's hard to feel like a grown-up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment