Monday, January 19, 2009

Rockin' Out

I'm really digging Rock Band. I tried drums when we got the game last Sunday, but since then I've mostly been sticking to guitar and bass. Yesterday I decided to go back to drums for another try. It's a lot trickier than guitar/bass since there's footwork, too. I also find the chords more difficult; on the guitar, there's usually a moment to get the fingers fretted correctly before hitting the strum bar, but on the drums both pads need to be struck simultaneously with better timing than I've usually got for the note to count.

Joey came over to start a new band with us which was so much fun we went an hour past when we were supposed to pack it in. First there was Jenny Mac and the Band Guys, and then Fish Your Wish (the flagship band for David and I), and the band that Joey co-founded with is us Avid D and his BFFs. David also ventured into doing vocals, which wasn't nearly as easy as his mom made it look when she sang with Jenny Mac and the Band Guys (or was it with The Michael Moores?). I have not yet mustered up what I need to step out of my comfort zone enough to try vocals. I'm very self conscious.

4 comments:

  1. Try vocals! It's neat to see when you can actually hit notes (and ignore when you can't!)... or at least it was on Simon's random karaoke game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you sing at the next SUPER PARTY, Steph?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally loving the band names.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depends on how many other people are singing! And if I actually know any of them besides you!

    ReplyDelete