Monday, June 8, 2009

Aaaawkwaaard

There was a parent-teacher conference at the littest one's school on Friday. About 15 minutes into the meeting, the kids' mom (who doesn't care for my existance overly much) arrived. She had no idea I would be there, I had no idea she would be there, and you could cut the uncomfortable awkward tension with a very dull knife. I offered to leave but she said since I was already there I might as well stay. I did stay, and I tried to be as invisible and unobtrustive as possible.

The staff did a really good job of diffusing things. I do hope that the experience will serve as an ice breaker of sorts. Life would be simpler if we could just go to these kinds of events together so both households know what's going on without having to rely on second-hand information and clouded lines of communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment